Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I hate commercials SO much...

I know that I watch t.v. more than I probably should, especially when I have better things to do (meaning: anything at all to do). And I also have a DVR which allows me to fast forward through commercials on shows that I record. But I absolutely can't stand the stupid, loud and annoying commercials on t.v. these days. When there is something on that I like to watch regularly, I record it so I can just fast forward through the commercials, but I can't record everything on t.v. and there's usually not anything in particular that I want to watch. So I usually flip through the channels trying to find a station that isn't on a commercial, and it's often very hard.

"Why do energy drinks make you crash? Eighteen cups of sugar, that's bad... It's not a drink, more like a sip..." This is one of the worst commercials I've ever seen (you know what it is). The production quality is terrible, the logic they use for buying their product is pretty wrong, and it's just very, very annoying. Oh, and they play it about eight times every half hour on just about every channel. Why don't these people spend some of that money on better ideas and better quality so that viewers don't automatically change the channel when they see the terrible opening of this ad?

I don't know, but it's commercials like these that make me seriously consider canceling my dish service and just watching movies on occasion. I already feel bad for spending so much time in front of the t.v. and getting nothing in return (often not even enjoying the show), but having to sit through 10-15 minutes of low-level annoying advertisements makes me sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment